Do you have an inspiring story to tell or valuable lessons to share about building your product? Our events offer a perfect opportunity to do just that. Reach thousands of product leaders and help them on their own journey.
Open calls for speakers
JAM, Barcelona & London (Sept - Oct 2020)
Ends January 30, 2020
Check out the event pages for London and Barcelona.
How to apply
Before applying, make sure you:
- Review the event themes on the relevant event page.
- Read our guidelines for crafting a great talk proposal here.
- Share your story: the great work you do with your team doesn't have to stay behind the scenes. It can inspire other product leaders on their own journey. Your daily grind can be someone else's aha moment, so consider sharing it!
- Raise your profile: talking in front of Europe's most talented product people is a great way to open up opportunities. New to speaking? No problem, you'll receive storytelling advice from an expert speaker coach.
- Meet amazing people: you'll get to connect with fellow leaders at our speaker dinner and meet passionate attendees on the day. Plus, every conference speaker is automatically invited to join the next JAM event for free!
Do I have to have past speaking experience?
Nope! JAM is all about sharing stories from the field, so we welcome first-timers and seasoned pros. The main thing is you're passionate about your topic, the desired outcome for the audience, and we can see that in your submission. If you can't point us to a video of you speaking at an event, why not record a short video telling us what you'd like to talk about and why?
How fleshed out should my talk be to apply?
You need to have defined the key message of your talk and the outcome for the audience. Including a short summary or outline is a bonus, and will help us consider your submission faster.
What happens once I've applied?
- Your submission will safely land in our Slack channel. From there, our team will review it check if it's a fit for an upcoming event (bear with us, we're a small team!) We do this by evaluating:
- Your talk proposal(s) and how well it fits within our themes
- The overall balance of our schedule in terms of speakers, topics and talk formats
- If there's a fit, we'll reach out to discuss your proposal and suggest any additional talk angles based on your experience and interests. This is an informal call
- We'll let you know the status of your submission within 2-3 weeks – this varies depending on the number of proposals we received for a given event.
I haven't heard back. Does it mean I haven't been selected?
We select speakers on a rolling basis for our existing events. If you haven't heard back, it means your submission wasn't a fit this time around. But bear with us, we'll get in touch for future opportunities as they arise. In the meantime, don't hesitate to let us know of any new talk or topic you're working on.